Monday, October 11, 2010

And being a winner, God give you goodnight.

And so my weekend comes to a close. I opened my first professional show, did voiceover work for the movie, hung out with my wonderful family, got caught in a zombie mob (for real), closed my first professional show, partied with my cast, and spent today in a blissful state of regret-free laziness.

The Taming of the Shrew went splendidly. I can't claim it to be the most incredible Shakespeare production ever to be done in the history of Shakespeare, but it was damn funny, and our audiences enjoyed it. And we enjoyed doing it. I'm very proud of what we created - it was truly unique. Hopefully we'll be getting photos soon, and I can share!

It was LOVERLY to see my family and to get to hang out with them. They magically filled my fridge and cupboards, so opening them is like looking into a paradise of yumminess. Chili-flavored ramen be damned!

Minneapolis's Zombie Pub Crawl was Saturday night, and we got to wade through 5,000 drunken zombies on the way to and from my show. Quite the experience. We ate at Baldy's BBQ (yes, it was sketchy) and were surrounded by the brain-craving undead. Not really the ambience we were looking for, but we were entertained.

I wish I were in a more hilarious mood - I've been lazing about all day, so my brain isn't quite functioning on a higher level of communication.

My upcoming week is fairly tame. Work, audition tomorrow, work, and Lax this weekend to see The Last Days of Judas Iscariot. I am very much looking forward to it. I will keep you posted, and hopefully soon will be back to my sarcastic self!

Ciao for now!

No comments: