Thursday, September 23, 2010

blog block

As I started my blog, I looked at lots of tips from successful, existing bloggers. One that stuck out to me was, "Blog every single day." And I've been finding that so difficult! Why can't I find at least one interesting thing to say every day? I find things interesting! I'm interesting!

That's why I moved to Minneapolis. I didn't want my life to become just "work, rehearsal, eat, sleep. Lather, rinse, repeat." I can't let my life revolve around my survival job hours. I want to create. I want to always be doing something new. Something INTENTIONAL. I read through more of Jess's site today, and I can't wait to start my life design. The concept is a little harder to grasp than I thought it would be, but I think it'll just come to me. It has to start with purging the things in my life that are useless and stress me out, including habits.

Do I INTEND to sit on facebook for hours? No. Do I INTEND to let the dishes sit in the sink for weeks? No. Do I INTEND to neglect my script work? Absolutely not. So why do I do it? These are all things that stress me out, and when it comes down to it, they are so very changeable. I want the things I do and own to be intentional. Instead of a random, floaty, nebulous existence. Purposeful and meaningful.


"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one: the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown out on the scrap heap, the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy." --George Bernard Shaw

No comments: