Friday, September 10, 2010

Note to self: coffee=morning.

Remember the mug of coffee I had at 10 pm? Me too. It's what's preventing me from finding the motivation to put on some jammies, take out my contacts, and get my much-needed beauty sleep. Much-needed because I have to work at 9 am with 3 other women who are way more perky and stylish than yours truly.

Back in the days of my coffee addiction, caffeine never had an effect on me (unless you count the jackhammer withdrawal headaches I'd get if I skipped a cup). But now that I've kicked the habit and indulge in some java only when I am feeling truly selfish, caffeine likes to have its kinky way with me. For instance, tonight, I chose to chug down a travel mug in the 15 minutes I had between work and rehearsal. Halfway through, I started hearing mariachi music in my head and there was no point in restraining the dancing that followed. At least I was peppy for rehearsal, albeit with a few more spastic awkward comments than normal. 

I think someone is singing Aladdin songs in my parking lot.

No comments: